Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Snowmaggedon 2012!!




Who doesn't love a white Christmas?   We were blessed yesterday with a bit of the white stuff. :)  It began spitting sleet around 3:30 yesterday evening.  The Snowcasters were wonderful to let us know ahead of time to expect some snow (8-12 inches).  The snow began to fall around 7:30 and kept snowing on into this morning.  We have approximately 12 inches in the level ground, and almost 2 feet in areas where the snow drifts were.  The snow was blowing on a horizontal, but the wind was also coming from different directions.  Thankful we didn't lose power! :)   Ever since we had the ice storm in 2009 (no power for 14 days!!)   I get a little creeped out about the possibility of losing power.
 
The picture above is of Tilly.  She was the only one brave enough to come out into the snow. She was eating it.  I told her to watch out for the yellow snow. :)    The picture is a little deceiving.  The gate in the background has about a foot and a bit high in front of it.  The goat is standing in my tracks and it's still up to her knees.  The water troughs are 18 inches high, and the snow was up high enough to cover it.  (The backside of the barn had more snow drifts).
 
What a way to end the year?   I don't mind the snow - especially with the blue skies and no wind!  Whew!   It's already starting to melt an slide off the roofs.  It will be gone in a day or two.
 
I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas.   I spent the evening with my parents who live across the road.  My Mom made her traditional holiday meal - turkey and all the trimmings. :)  LEFTOVERS!!!  Woo hoo! :)    I look forward to the new year.  I am SOOO glad that the Mayan's were wrong! :))
 
Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! This award is for blogs with less than 200 followers. It will help other bloggers find and follow you! You can find out more about it over at my blog: http://pocketfulofcenters.blogspot.com/

    Pam Ballingall
    Pocketful of Centers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and am in love with your blog design. We just got 12 inches of snow yesterday. I live near Syracuse, NY so 12 inches isn't too big of a deal out here. I can't wait to read all your blog posts. Happy holidays!

    Jennifer
    Elementary School Garden

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from you!