Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday Scoop....The week ahead!

I am linking up with Teaching Trio for this new link up, Sunday Scoop!

What a clever way to start the week! :)




This week is going to be a busy one!   Many of you already know that I raise dairy goats.  My herd size had gotten a bit smaller due to selling a few, and earlier this summer I lost one due to a snake bite. :(   My family and I had been talking about improving some dairy lines (mammary) and the opportunity came up to add some new animals to the herd.  It's been a nice experience, albeit a bit long working on arrangements to get these lovely girls home!   They are coming from 3 different farms!  And will be picked up TOMORROW!!!  YAY!

I will post pictures once they arrive!  I can't wait!   My Mom and I will be driving up to Missouri in the afternoon to meet the transport company.  Ordinarily they would drive down to my farm, but their truck is having some mechanical issues.  It's safer to go get them in Missouri ourselves.  So mini-road trip to pick up my new furbabies.  

The weather has really dropped off.  From 90 degree days down to 40 degree nights.  Bbrrr!!!  I am too much of a tightwad to turn the heat on in the house just yet.. so we're shivering here in the morning! LOL    

The goats have fur suits so they are happy in the brisk air.  Will still need to prep the barns for the cooler weather.  I LOVE fall, and all the smells of fresh shavings and air makes me smile! :)

I've been working on my studio/office work space... (whatever you want to call it).  I moved one of my desks over by the window.  I am not sure I will like this configuration, but will work with it for awhile.  Everything in the room is pretty well organized in the right bins and shelves.  I'm hoping in the next few months to acquire different desks (I've been looking for real wood desks... rather than particle/laminate fake wood) to finish off the look.  Work in progress!

I also will be working on a new Blog.  Yep, I am up to mischief this weekend.  I spent the majority of the summer working on client's Blog designs. (Have you seen them?  Check out my portfolio here.  - yep, that was a shameless plug..)  I wanted the challenge of making a second Blog for myself that I can do some different design work with.  For fun, and to introduce some new materials I am working on. :)   Stay tuned!

I am hoping later today to work on finishing up a product I've had in my to-do pile for about 3 months. HA!   Time just seems to tick away, doesn't it? :) 

Last, but not least.. I am hoping to get out today and take some more pictures.  I like taking pictures of deer, birds, the goats, and even SPIDERS! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog design. Thanks for sharing tech tutorials. Can't wait to see pictures of your office re model.

    Allie
    http://thepositiveteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the pictures of the new goats! (and spiders?!)

    Love your work :-)
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love taking pictures. I cannot wait to see some pictures of the outdoors.
    Jasmine H.
    The Dots of Teaching

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from you!