Sunday, July 5, 2015

Shark Week


Most teachers know that kids learn better when they are engaged and excited about what they are studying.  A group of teacher bloggers came together this week to help your students take a BITE out of learning by celebrating SHARK WEEK!


Slide6

I put together a freebie for you called "My Pet Shark..." It's a simple flip type book that gives the students a fun way to write about what they are learning about sharks.  This activity is variable so you can use it with younger as well as older students.  I have included 2 cover styles, and mixture of pages to choose from.

I printed my example copy with #Astrobrite paper.  I just love how it turned out!





fintastic freebie



Be sure to go for a swim and visit MRS. O Knows's Blog.  She has an amazing freebie for you too!

Every blog in the Shark Week Blog Hop features a jawesome freebie for you and your students- but hurry! Shark Week only lasts until Sunday, July 12  : )





2 comments:

  1. My kids love this kind of activity that goes beyond just collecting information and makes them use it in a creative way! (And I love how much it really makes them think and apply learning!) Thanks so much for joining in our blog hop :)

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, being a full time teacher at a Phoenix kindergarten, I completely agree that kids learn much better when they are engaged and excited about what they have been studying. That’s why I always teach my students using fun activities.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from you!