Sunday, March 31, 2013

April Currently

It has been a really busy weekend! I've been busy working on the Autism Awareness linky that starts um... in about an HOUR! I also have been working on SPRING CLEANING! Can you imagine? I ran out of chocolate on Friday, so I am a bit off my game! :)

Soooo....April is only a few hours away and I am sitting here feverishly sitting at my computer typing out the last of my blog post for the Autism Awareness linky party.  Ok feverishly might be dramatic, but it seemed to flow well. :)  This is my first Linky party to coordinate and I have to say, I have NOOOOOOOOO idea how other people do it.  I used to think I was somewhat organized, and a great fundraiser... I used to coordinate events all the time but wow.......I became pretty nervous and actually had a mini melt down yesterday. Thankfully, my bloggy buddies came to my rescue (thanks ladies! - You ROCK!!!)!   I did learn a few things about the process, and that I should never attempt to organize a bloggy anything without being fully stocked up on Dr. Pepper and CHOCOLATE!!!!!! :)

My Currently post below really should have said the "WHIR WHIR WHIR...HUM... of my head..." my head is filled with ideas and things I need to do.

My Dad woke me up this morning during a thunderstorm.  Those who know me well, KNOW that I am not exactly a morning person. I am more of a night owl by nature.  Phone rings, I answer it... and all I hear is..."wa wa wa wa wa wa wa"  somewhat smilar to "Charlie Brown's Teacher...." except for the voice on the other end of the phone was monotone and much deeper.  At the conclusion of the call, I look around and see both of my dogs on my bed hiding from the storm....  I was sandwiched in between 2 dogs and I couldn't move. lol   I laughed outloud as I realized that I was probably the only person awake at that hour sandwiched between 2 freaked out dogs while being awakened by someone that sounded like a radio announcer.

The day turned out to be beautiful,  65-70 degrees. The grass is growing fast, almost as fast as the baby goats.  The trees and bushes are starting to leaf out and the birds are signing a lot more.  Spring is one of my favorite times.



My best advice is to be thankful for what you have.  It is way too easy to compare oneself to others, or to see what someone else is doing.   When my thoughts start to go off course,  I think about my dear friend who sadly passed 5 months ago.  He was somebody that carried the weight of the world on his shoulders, and was always trying to do 9 million things at once. His self esteem was linked to all of the things that he did.  He was a relatively young-ish man that should have had several decades left to live and laugh with us.

Now that he's gone,  I think about all of the laughs we had and how lucky I was to have known him. I stop myself from dwelling too much on what isn't going right, and think about all of the great things that ARE going right.  I am thankful for what I have and will continue to work hard, live more, and laugh outloud because nothing is really worth stressing over.  Even not having enough CHOCOLATE to make it through the weekend!  

What was I thinking??? :)

Have a wonderful APRIL... 


5 comments:

  1. I'm excited to learn more about your linky party! I'm sure it will be totally worth your efforts! Glad to be your newest follower!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your linky sounds awesome! I REALLY love your advice! We truly need to learn to live in the moment instead of five steps ahead don't we! Thank you for the reminder and so sorry to hear to of the loss of your friend. :o)

    œKaryn
    A is for Apple B is for Blog
    Kideducator@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your linky! I have special needs son, he doesn't have autism but has a lot of the traits. I am anxious to join in!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from you!