Friday, March 1, 2013

Spring is here... Currently March


Hey Friends...

I don't know about you, but it's been a looooooooong week!  It's kidding season, so there's work to do out in the barns beyond what is needed beyond TPT and creating new classroom materials.  The weather has been up and down.

Christi over at Ms.Fultz's Corner let me know about "Currently" that is hosted by Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade.  I've not done one of these before, but thought I'd give it a go!!! :)   I just about had a panic attack though when my link up posted twice, and the mouse over Pinterest button wouldn't let me delete one. lol   It would be ME that messed it up.  I finally got it to work, but my cheeks are still brilliant pink! :)

Every night about this time, my dogs want to go out and play. My dog Maggie is a little ADD-ish.  She is some kind of hound dog crossed with beagle so if she doesn't get to go run around and play she bounces around the house.  Jake, my other dog is more of a toad.  He likes to play outside, snoop, and  bark at the barn cats (his favorite thing to do), but he also loves to take his naps!

LISTENING:   Right now I am listening to the sound of my dogs responding to the hound dogs across the "holler."  (Canine Cantata?) Some of these hound dogs can be heard for miles away, so I am not real sure where they are. It gets real interesting when they get after a fox, then the fox AND the dogs get going.  Some nights (late spring and early summer) you can sit out on the deck and it sounds like a wildlife symphony.  Birds, crickets, foxes, coyotes, cats, deer, raccoons, etc.  

LOVING: Spring is pretty much here, except for the warmth part. Today it was spittin' snow, while the grass is coming up and the birds are making their nests.  It's a bit crazy. I haven't had a chance to even take down my Christmas lights off of the deck. Oops!   I'm a little bit behind the 8 ball.

After the kids are all born which should be the next few days,  I'll have more time to get caught up. HAHAHA!  Just in time to make a new list of things that need to be done! :)

THINKING:  I've been sitting here for about a half hour debating if I should go out to the barn again tonight.  I keep thinking that I am going to walk out there and find some new babies! Which wouldn't be a bad thing at all. 

WANTING:  I've been thinking a lot about taking a vacation.  Where would I go?  Hmmm.. I've thought a lot about going back home to Washington and seeing all of my friends.  Though the last few nights, I've woken to thoughts of Hawaii.  I've never been there.  I've never been on an airplane so it would be interesting to figure out how to get there. lol :)   I love the ocean.  I grew up in the Northwest where I was only a few hours from the good beaches.  Since moving to Arkansas,  I've not been to one.  I feel like a fish out of water sometimes.  I miss it.

NEEDING:  My first thought was... I... need...chocolate.... :))      I do. Really.  But then I thought about how I really need to clean house.  Clean house vs. Chocolate... hmm..  Well ok so this weekend I'm going to have to set aside some time to get-r-done.  I usually have a tidy house, and the chaos that has consumed my kitchen and living room needs to be fixed.   

It is spring, and in the spring I like to set out different decorations and put a new wreath on the door. I think I am going to make a new one this year.  Do you do anything different in the Spring?

LIKE ~  I like deer. :)   Where I live, they roam through the pastures and into my driveway all the time. There are a couple small bands of does that come through each night.  They've been more active out in the open lately because of the grass coming up.  

LOVE ~  I just LOVE decorating.  I should have been a stylist or decorator.  I love putting different items together.  Pottery Barn was kind enough to send me one of their new catalogs. Big mistake. :) There is a wood desk in their catalog that I would just LOVE to have.   I love COLOR (but it didn't start with the letter D).....   Bright colors make me happy.  I've thought about re-painting my living room this summer.  Decisions decisions....

HATE ~ Delays.  One thing that I am not keen on, and that is waiting in line for a long time or delays in shipments.  I know that it's part of life, but sometimes I wonder what people are thinking! ;)  Then in the back of my mind, I hear my Mom's voice telling me to be patient. HA! :)  




I've spent a lot of time this past week updating my Blog, and working on getting all of the branding done. Whew!  I think I like how everything turned out.

Oops... I think I better go out and check the barn !!!    Enjoy your weekend!


6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear if you have new babies! How exciting! Definitely get on the plane & go to Hawaii. Well worth the long flight! And I'm with you - I am not a fan of waiting either!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hawaii does sound like a FABULOUS getaway! We went on our honeymoon... Honolulu and Maui was definitely a good combo of urban and relaxed. :)


    Angie
    The First Grade Scoop
    I'll be having a 100 follower giveaway - stop by, follow my blog, and get ready for some goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I need to clean house too. And Hawaii would be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog on Farley's Currently link up. I too want/need a vacation -- to Hawaii! I'm thinking my honeymoon would be the perfect time for this (June)

    I am your newest follower :)

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog through the currently linkup! My house has been so neglected lately! We have been remodeling so we have piles everywhere!

    I am your newest follower


    Cindy
    All Things Teachery

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I found you through the currently! I love decorating too. I'm your newest follower! Please feel free to stop by if you get a chance!

    ~Steph

    The Quirky Apple
    Sparkly, Quirky Lifebox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from you!